But now i am back and so get ready for flooding of mail boxes with comments 😉
Before i start spamming your in boxes, let me get this recipe out of the way!!!
You remember a quick, delicious and life saver paneer that i learnt from P?!? Yes, the shahi paneer…
After mastering it, i wanted to learn Paneer Butter masala. I have been making a simple paneer curry with gravy of onion and tomatoes, while we liked it, it didn’t taste like the ones we find in restaurants. In my quest of butter paneer recipe i referred to the Neeta Mehta book that i had, it suggested adding ketchup. Later i saw the recipe on Nag’s edible garden too and she too has almost similar recipe. Adding ketchup made all the difference for my curry. Over the time i have realized that to make the perfect restaurant style paneer butter masala, you have to add kasoori methi, tomato ketchup and cream!! This combo is killer!!!
The pics have been lying in my computer since February 17th, almost 5 months!! Considering how delicious it is and how often i make and how quick it is and how it has proved to be life saver, i am surprised at how and why i haven’t already shared it with you guys?!?!
Better late than never, they say, so here it is..
|Restaurent style Paneer Butter Masala|
3 medium sized onions , peeled, washed and cut in cubes
3 medium sized tomatoes, washed and cut in cubes
1 teaspoon ginger green chili paste
2 pods of garlic- crushed or grated
1 pinch kasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
2 tablespoon fresh cream (you can add more if you wish to)
1/2 cup cashew nuts
2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
1/4 teaspoon garam masala
salt to taste
2 tablespoon oil
200 gms Paneer – cut in cubes of triangular shape
1) Take onions, tomatoes, cashew nuts and cream in a mixer jar and mix nicely to get smooth paste.
2) In a kadai (wok) take oil and add the prepared smooth paste. Also add the green chili and ginger paste and crushed garlic.
3) Cook on medium flame till you see oil (ghee) separating. Keep stirring it continuously.
4) At this stage add, kasoori methi and ketchup. Mix well and add garam masala. Keep stirring. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
5) Add water and salt. Simmer it on low flame.
6) Add paneer pieces and let it simmer on low flame for 10 minutes.
Serve immediately with tandoori rotis or rice!!!