I now make the pickled Aamla (gooseberry) myself (No big deal, seriously) and my daughter enjoys it in same way!! It fills my heart with joy when Zini eats it with customary chatkhare 🙂
And did I say it’s super healthy?! Full of vitamin C and good bacterias, these tangy treat is great for improving immunity and digestion!! And it’s super easy to make, just mix everything and let nature take its time, that simple!!You ought to love it…
6 Aamla – gooseberry (washed and cleaned)
2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 cups of water (make it more or less as per size of your glass jar)
Yes, that’s it.
1) Take a clean GLASS jar. (Yes, keep it in a glass jar or bottle. Empty jam bottles or coffee bottles, washed and thoroughly cleaned will do too.)
2) Now, take water in your glass jar. Add salt and turmeric powder to it. Mix well.
3) Add Cleaned aamla to it. Mix again. Close the lid and keep aside for 3-4 days.
Once the colour of the Aamla changes to yellow from green. It’s ready to be eaten!! Don’t forget to drink water immediately after eating the Aamla, it feels great!!
1) To speed up the process you can make cuts on the aamla along the lines. you can see in the image that I’ve done that. though it’s not necessary to do it.
2) If you see white white mould on the top of water, immediately replace it with new water, salt and turmeric powder mix.
3) Keep an eye on the aamla, if you see Aamla getting very soft, it’s time to do away with it.