Then why one more chocolate cookies recipe?! Because of my daughter Zini..
She had winter vacation last week and we were going mad in the evenings!! So I decided to do some baking projects with her. Where she mixed everything while i measured and baked. This way we baked Orange Chiffon cake and some cookies.
Now why am I sharing it? Because it tasted amazing!!
|Whole wheat chocolate cookies|
1.5 cups – 3 tablespoon whole wheat flour
3 tablespoon cocoa powder
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla powder (or essence)
1/4 tsp salt (skip this if using salted butter)
2-3 tablespoon milk (If needed)
1) In a mixing bowl take butter and sugar together.
2) Beat it till sugar dissolves and you get a nice smooth mixture. I used my new hand mixer for it and I am loving it. If using vanilla essence then add it and beat till it mixes well.
3) In another mixing bowl take 1.5 cups of whole wheat flour. Now, remove 3 tablespoon of wholewheat flour from the bowl. Now add 3 tablespoon of cocoa powder to the bowl. Why this skull duggery? This the tweak I was talking about.
4) Add salt and vanilla powder if using. Mix well.
5) Now add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix well.
6) If you don’t get dough consistency then add 1 tablespoon milk at a time to get the dough consistency. you can add upto 3 tablespoon of milk.
7) Grease a baking tray. Make balls and flatten them using fork on the tray.
8) If trying to entertain a kid then use different cookie cutters and let your kid cut her favorite shapes!!
9) Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degree C for 15-20 minutes. Time may vary based on your oven type, bakeware and cookie size.
10) Take out and let them cool on a wire rack.
This post is part of Blogathon 2014.