Broccoli is again something that I have recently discovered!! When you look at Broccoli, with it green colour and close resemblance to cauliflower, it looks so healthy!! And aren’t healthy things not so tasty?! Well not really!! I have been learning with amazement, that healthy things too can taste delicious!! You just have to know, which flavour will work for you and go and pair it with that healthy thing and who knows?!! You may discover a new dish that you enjoy thoroughly!!
So broccoli was one such thing for me. Thanks to hubby’s auntie I tried it for the very first time in a salad and I was surprised that I liked it so much!! Later on she served them dressed up as cute little cutlets and I couldn’t keep my hands off them! Oh, did I mention she grew those healthy organic broccoli on her farm!!
So once I came back home, I had to start using brocolli!! I started by making cutlets/ tikkis and they were huge hit.. Recipe will follow soon!! Then I got a little more adventurous and tried Broccoli cheese soup!! I was skeptical!! I mean who makes cheese soup?? After trying this recipe? Everybody!! This soup blew me away!! I am so making it again and again!!
So over to the recipe..
1 medium broccoli, cut in florets
2 Tablespoon Butter
1 small onion finely chopped
small carrot, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
1/4 cup cashew – soaked for 2-3 hours
1/2 cube cheddar cheese, grated
1 Teaspoon Cilantro / Dhania patta
Salt as per taste
- Blanch broccoli and drain it. Let it cool down.
- Take butter in a pan and heat it.
- Add onions to it , cook till translucent.
- Add carrots and garlic. Cook on low flame.
- Now, make a paste out of the soaked cashews using mixer / food processer.
- Make a coarse paste of broccoli too using mixer / food processor.
- Add cashew to the pan and cook on low for 2 minutes.
- Now add broccoli. Add water as required.
- Add Salt and pepper and simmer on low flame for 5-6 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add grated cheese and chopped cilantro!!
Mix well and Enjoy the yummy soup!!