I have been on a perfect eggless brownie hunt! In my quest for such a brownie, I tried many recipes. However I have not posted the recipes as often as I tried them (and ate them 😉 )
Finally against all odds (I was locked out of my account, orders, classes, etc.) here is the next brownie recipe, now live! The very first eggless brownie that I tried. If cakey brownies are your thing then this is the recipe you should go for!! And it looks beautiful too!!
Recipe from here.
Flour – ¾ Cup
Salt – 1/8 teaspoon
Cocoa Powder – ½ Cup
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Yogurt – ½ cup
Butter – 6 Tablespoon
Flavourless Oil – 1 Tablespoon
Granulated Sugar – 1 cup
Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
Mixed nuts (chopped) – ¾ cup
- In a bowl, take flour, salt and baking powder. Mix and sieve.
- In a separate microwave safe bowl, take butter and melt it in microwave. Now add oil to it and mix well.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add cocoa powder and mix well.
- Let the mixture cool down a little. Add yogurt when the mixture is lukewarm.
- Now mix dry and wet ingredients using a spatula.
- In a square tin lined with parchment, add the prepared batter.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C
- Roll nuts in dry flour and sprinkle on top of the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
I found original recipe a tad on a sweeter side, hence added salt to the ingredients list to cut down on sweetness. Also you can reduce the sugar amount to ¾ cup.