During one of my experiment, I made this cookies and they came out so well that I had to take a break from brownie series to share this recipe first.
It was some time since I had tried a new recipe. I wanted to do a simple, no fuss recipe and this recipe came to me.
I knew that I wanted to have oats as the main ingredients. With oats, the raisins were sure to get added! I decided to keep things simple. I also don’t like adding baking powder or baking sodas to my cookies. So I tried various things, maybe I will do other posts with those recipes.
But first things first!! In the first recipe I decided to try condensed milk. In my mixing bowl, I added oats and raisins, then added the condensed milk, little by little and kept mixing and checking the consistency I wanted. And believe it or not, I got it when the weight of condensed milk and oats became same!! You can’t get a recipe easier than that!!
So let’s check it out!!
100 gms Oats (I used quick cooking oats)
100 gms condensed milk (You can make your own or use a store bought)
30 gms Raisins (I used black ones and recommend them)
- In a mixing bowl, take oats and rasing. Mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Now add condensed milk to the mixing bowl.
- Mix everything and bake for around 10 minutes. For different ovens and different climatic conditions, baking time may vary. Please adjust accordingly.
- You should stopped baking when the cookies have just started to turn brown at a few place. Too much browning / overbaking will lead to hard cookies as we haven’t added fat, baking powder/soda .
- Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!!
Generally I like my cookies warm. But this one needs to cool down completely before you can enjoy it!!
It can give a power packed start to your day or can give much needed burst of energy as a snack anytime during the day!! And those who need something sweet just after their meals, can gorge on this cookies, knowing that they are healthier than the regular desserts.