Past few days have been so hectic!! But in a good way! I was busy making beautiful breads and teaching baking enthusiast more about baking, esp. bread baking!! And I loved it so much!! Planing and executing cakes that asked me to push my boundaries and go out of comfort zone!! Sharing my knowledge with others was so much fun!! I realized I really enjoy teaching about breads so much!! And all this kept me busy throughout last few days..
But with so much exertion, I got a little bit under weather. Hence taking a few days’ break!! But can I really stay away?! No.. I experimented with new recipes, some ice creams!! And I am so happy that they turned out to be real good!!
Meanwhile on curry side, this is a new curry that we have tried.. Off late, my hubby has become more open to new recipes… And he really liked some of them!! This curry recipe is one of them..
I have been adding lot of veggies to it and it tastes really great!! And what more, it is so easy to make!! So sharing this curry recipe today..
Onion – 1 big
Carrot – 1 medium
Capsicum / Bell Pepper – 1 medium
Cauliflower – 400 gms
Peas – 100 gms
Potatoes – 4 medium
Dhania Patta / Cilantro – 2-3 big pinches, chopped
Green Chilli – 1 slit length wise
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Dhania Jeera Powder – (Corriander seeds and cumin seeds powder)- 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil – 2 Tablespoon
Mustard seeds / Rai – 1/4 teaspoon
Hing – a small pinch
- Wash and Cut the vegetables in medium sized chunks except onions.
- Wash and Cut onions finely.
- In a kadai (Pan) take oil and heat it. Add mustard seeds to it. Once they crackle, add hing.
- Add green chilli that has been slit lenght wise. Carefull here, as the green chilli kind of goes violent in hot oil.
- Now add onions and fry them till translucent.
- Add Capsicum and fry for a minute or two.
- Now add, all the veggies, add the turmeric powder, salt and dhania powder. Mix well.
- Cover and cook till potatoes get cooked. And it’s ready!!
Goes great with roti and Paratha! I enjoy having it as sides with my dal – rice!! And the best part is it is so healthy and naturally tasty!!