Colourful bell peppers are again a new addition to our diet!! I have been using the regular green bell peppers, popularly known as capsicum, shimla mirch or wadhvani marcha!! There is a recipe on this blog using them, you can check it out here.. While I loved it, I didn’t really pay much attention to its colourful cousins!! I always assumed that they might taste the same and couldn’t really justify the higher price tag.
But I grew wiser some time back, when my regular vegetable vendor started stocking them I decided to order them and try out! And then there has been no looking back.
This is curry now is a regular feature at home.. Easy to make and delicious!! And see how beautiful it looks!! It can even be made vegan by replacing paneer by tofu! What more if you wish you can even make it in an oven.
2 big onions
2 big bell peppers (Capsicum) (yellow)
2 big bell peppers (Capsicum) (Red)
1 green bell pepper (Capsicum)
Cottage cheese / Paneer (200 gms) (use tofu in place of paneer for vegan version)
2 tablespoon Oil
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
4 Garlic cloves minced
- Peel and cut the onions in big chunks. Now separate each layer of the onion.
- Cut all the bell peppers in big chunks.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Saute onions till they brown.
- Now add the bell peppers and garlic.
- Increase the heat. Add Salt and mix well.
- Keep stirring at high heat, till the bell peppers get charred a little.
- Add Paneer (cottage cheese) and mix well.
- Add black pepper and mix well. Turn off the heat and your curry is ready!! So quick!!
- You can add ketchup or any other sauce that you favour to this curry at the end.
- You can also add herbs like oregano, parsley, thyme, basil or cilantro (Corriander)
- If making in an oven then mix all the veggies and paneer (cottage cheese), add salt, pepper and oil. Mix well.. Put in a baking tray and cover with aluminium foil. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree C for 40 minutes. Or till the veggies cook properly. For the last 5 minutes you can remove the foil and let the veggies get grilled.